The Healthcare Investment Forum Barcelona is a meeting point for entrepreneurs and investors in this industry. In addition to its usual organizers, i.e. ESADE BAN, the Medical Association of Barcelona, Barcelona Activa - Barcelona City Council and Biocat, also taking part this year will be the international entities HIMSS Europe, Health 2.0 and the European accelerator eHealth Hub. This is a first-rate opportunity for entrepreneurs to present their product to international investors.
All the European companies in the e-health industry have been invited to take part in the 22nd forum. The deadline for applications is May 4. The event will take place from 15.00 to 19.00 on May 28 at the Melià Hotel in Sitges and be chaired by Dr Luis Pareras, director of Healthequity SCR, and Vishal Gulati, HealthTech VC. Fourteen companies will be presented, selected by an international committee of experts.
The start-ups retained will each give a four-minute presentation followed by a six-minute question and answer session with a specialised panel of judges who will select two winners in two categories: "Shoot", for companies seeking their first round of investment, and "Bloom", for companies that have already received some private funding and seek more.
The companies retained are:
• Qubiotech Health Intelligence SL
• NuMat Medtech
• Zana Technologies GmbH i.g
• Komed Health AG
• Made of Genes / Genomcore
• Adan Medical Innovation, SL
• IOMED Medical Solutions
The members of the panel who will choose the winners are:
• Fernando Zallo, Director of ESADE BAN – Business Angels network of ESADE Alumni (Spain)
• Amanda Chaperot, Investment Principal, Seventure Partners (France)
• Marta Gaia, Equity Partner, Data Collective (USA)
• Sven Lingjaerde, Managing Partner at Endeavour Vision SA (Switzerland)
• Lluis Pareras, Director de Healthequity SCR (Spain)
• Mussaad Al-Razouki, Chief Investment and Business Development Officer, Kuwait Life Sciences Company (Kuwait)
• Steve Seuntjens, Partner, PHS Capital (The Netherlands)
• Francesca Domenech Wuttke, Managing Director, MSD Global Health Innovation Fund (Spain)
Now in its 22nd year, the Healthcare Investment Forum Barcelona has established itself as a benchmark in the Catalan biomedical ecosystem by fostering innovation and entrepreneurship in the medical profession. More than 600 companies in the realms of biotechnology, medical devices, healthcare services and ICT have applied for funding and more than 180 have given presentations about their projects. The basic aim remains unchanged: putting healthcare entrepreneurs and investors in contact.
• If you are an investor and would like to take part in the Healthcare Investment Forum Barcelona only, sign up here.
• Other participants must sign up for the HIMSS Europe & Health 2.0 Congress in order to access the Healthcare Investment Forum.