The ESADE Alumni Chile Chapter would like to invite you to the next Refresher Programme talk, ''Outsourcing management: strategic sourcing'' by Ramon Sagarra, assistant professor in ESADE’s General Management and Strategy Department.
A company’s returns are directly related to its effective use of its in-house resources and the external resources provided by its supplier network. The aim of strategic sourcing is to ensure that the company gets as much value as possible from its suppliers.
On the other hand, a company’s competitive edge depends on its ability to give customers maximum value at the lowest possible cost. A company’s outlay is what it spends on purchases plus wages, therefore outlay optimisation depends on purchase maximisation. But who is responsible for managing external resources? This responsibility is, in fact, spread throughout the company.
The strategic sourcing model used in outsourcing management requires managers with business acumen and a value-for-money approach able to achieve more than just a good supply service: managers who work like business partners and can find the best solutions in the market.
The transformation of a traditional purchasing department by applying an outsourcing management model requires a firmly committed management team. MTo ensure effective implementation, managers must understand the strategic sourcing model, its contribution to business, and its impact on change and the company itself.
Academic assistant in ESADE’s Department of Strategy and General Management. Chemical engineer (IQS) and industrial engineer (Universidad Ramon) and Degree (IESE).
• Director of Master in International Purchasing, Ramon Llull University
• Director of Diploma in Sourcing, Adolfo Ibáñez University, Chile
• Director of Master in Management of Industrial Companies, IQS
• Chairman of chair in Strategic Sourcing, UAI Santander, Adolfo Ibáñez University
• Associate Professor, URL
• Spain: Endesa, Santander, Ferrovial, BBVA, Repsol, FCC, GNF.
• Latin America: UAI, University of San Sebastian, Bio-Bio, Concepción (Chile), Inalde (Colombia), Austral University (Argentina), TEC Monterrey (Mexico)
• CEO Barcelona Activa and Managing Director of Economic Promotion, Barcelona City Council
• Managing Director of Marketing and Sales, Roche
• Area Manager, Boehringer Ingelheim
• Division Manager, Henkel
• Nalco Chemicals Manager for Northern Spain and Chile
• Process Engineer Induquimica. Cepsa
We look forward to seeing you there!
For further information: