Joining a board can have monumental impact on your executive career but it’s never too early to start your search for a seat at the table.
Becoming a board director can:
1. Expand your professional network and lead to new roles on different boards and new executive positions while you are still working.
2. Increase your visibility to recruiters and hiring managers, showcase your leadership skills and make you more in demand as a potential candidate.
3. Make you better at your current job. Serving on a board gives you the chance to gain cross-functional experience and new business perspectives.
Just like making the leap to the executive level, your first board seat is the hardest to get. So why wait until the end of your career to begin your search? Organizations are now looking for fresh perspectives from younger people who understand today’s business climate, technology and market disruptors.
In this ESADE Alumni Career webinar, you will learn:
• How to develop a board candidate strategy
• How to utilize your qualifications to position yourself better for board roles
• About current board trends and how to leverage them
• And more...
This live event will also include a Q&A session with an expert panel.
BlueSteps is the career management platform of the Association of Executive Search and Leadership Consultants (AESC). BlueSteps helps thousands of busy executives manage their careers, track their goals and stay visible to the right recruiters.
Remember, you can:
- Access the webinar wherever you are from a mobile device* or computer providing you have a loudspeaker and an internet connection.
- Interact with the speaker by asking questions via a real-time chat during the presentation of the session.
*If you use a mobile device, you must download the app to access the webinar platform.
A few days before the workshop we will email you a personal and non-transferable access URL to enable to you follow the workshop live and take part in it. Webinar times are GMT+01:00, Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid and Paris. Find out what time the workshop will take place in your time zone by clicking on the link in this email.